Monday, February 19, 2018

A Prayer for Monday

 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
(Psalm 139:23-24) 

Here am I; Send me! 
(Isaiah 6:8)


Kelvingrove Art Museum, Glasgow


A Prayer for Monday

Dear God,

I'm not a fan of Mondays. The weekend has been relaxing. I've enjoyed the down time. The sabbath rest was good. But now the week begins again. Back to work. I'm not a fan of Mondays.

But you know that. You know me through and through. You know I'm not a fan of Mondays.

Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.

Renew in my heart today the commitment to live into my great purpose in life – to glorify you, and to enjoy you forever. Send me into the world as an ambassador of Jesus Christ, faithfully administering the ministry of reconciliation. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I may offer myself as a living sacrifice to you.

Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.

I'm not a fan of Mondays. But I do love you, and I want to be faithful to you today. And so I will make this day one in which I live a life worthy of the calling I have received.

I'm not a fan of Mondays. But, still, here I am. Send me.

Amen.

Kelvingrove Art Museum, Glasgow


No comments:

Post a Comment