Monday, February 20, 2017

My Lenten Discipline


In addition to being a pastor, I am a bit of an amateur photographer. I don’t know anything about shutter speeds, apertures, and such; but I have a couple of pretty nice cameras that know those things for me! And so I can focus (pardon the pun) on framing a nice picture that captures beauty and gives me a glimpse into God’s glory.
I have decided that this year I won’t “give something up” for Lent. Rather, this year I am combining two of my passions–photography and Scripture–to create a daily devotion during Lent. So I invite you to drop by every day between Ash Wednesday (March 1) and Easter (April 16). I hope and pray that you will find this to be a place where God gently speaks to us and informs our faith and devotion.
Faithfully,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment