Wednesday, February 26, 2020

...So that my soul may praise You

You have turned my mourning into dancing;
     you have taken off my sackcloth
     and clothed me with joy,
so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever.
(Psalm 30:11-12)






I praise you, O God, for your goodness toward me.

You have redeemed me from my sin;
   you have blessed me with infinite abundance.

I praise you, O God, for your goodness toward me.

You have walked with me through dark places,
   and the light of your love has dispelled the darkness.

Because you are good to me,
   I will praise you, and not be silent;
   I will proclaim your steadfast love wherever I go.

Because you have been gracious toward me,
   I will give thanks to you
   forever.

In light of your mercy,
   I present myself to you
   as a living sacrifice.
A sacrifice of thanksgiving,
   through Christ, my Lord. Amen. 


During the season of Lent, I am "Praying with David," using the prayers found in the Psalms as a model and inspiration for my own prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment