Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday Psalm

Psalm 121





I lift up my eyes to the hills—
       from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
       who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
       he who keeps you will not slumber.
He who keeps Israel
       will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
       the Lord is your shade at your right 

         hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
       nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
       he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
       your going out and your coming in
       from this time on and forevermore.




 Note: Did you know that Sundays are not included in the 40 days of Lent? That's because Sundays are considered to be celebrations of the resurrection -- no penitence required! Since Sundays are not part of the 40 days of Lent, I will not be writing a devotion today; instead, I invite you to reflect on the words of the psalm. I hope you will attend church today. 

P.S. Since Sundays aren't in the 40 days of Lent, it means you don't have to "give up" anything today!

(Not that "giving up" something for Lent is ever a hard and fast requirement)

No comments:

Post a Comment