Friday, April 3, 2020

A Psalm of Joyful Praise

I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever;
    with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness
    to all generations.
I declare that your steadfast love is established forever;
    your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.
(Psalm 89:1-2)





Praise for you fills my heart, O God,
and I can't contain myself.
"Spring up, O well, within my soul!"

Even in this season of pandemic,
when troubles and trials abound,
nevertheless my heart is light with joy.

Of course, I grieve for the world,
my heart aches for the brokenness 
that your people are experiencing.

But still, a song of joy fills my heart,
because I know your love is better than life.
As high as the heavens are above the earth – 
that’s how great is your love toward us.

When I consider the problems and troubles 
that fill our world right now,
as great and numerous and burdensome as they are,
they are no match for you.

For your power and might are unsurpassed:
  you are Creator of heaven and earth, and all that is in them;
  you are Sovereign Lord over all the world;
  you govern all things by the unsearchable mystery
     of your Providence.

Great is your faithfulness, O Lord,
great is your faithfulness.

Indeed, we are deep in the midst of troubling days,
but then, so are you, right in the depths with us.
So as I see it, "If God is for us, who can stand against us?"


I am confident of this:
I shall see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living;
indeed I shall see the goodness of the Lord
every day.

While I have breath,
I will sing of your steadfast love forever, O Lord;
   with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness 
   to all generations.

My heart is light with joy;
praise for you fills my heart,
and I cannot keep it to myself.

Praise the Lord!




During the season of Lent, I am “Praying with David,” using prayers found in the psalms as inspiration for personal prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment