Friday, February 23, 2018

For This Day, I Give Thanks, Part 1

From the rising of the sun, to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.(Psalm 113:3)




For This Day I Give Thanks

I have awakened, O God.
The sun will soon rise.
The day will soon begin.

Thank you.

For the gift of life for another day,
  for the new opportunity to glorify you,
    for the beauty I will encounter,
      for the people you will bring into my life,
I give thanks.

I don't know what this day will hold for me,
but I do know you will be with me,
and I know you have a purpose for me.

Thank you.



For the assurance of your presence,
  for the guidance of your Spirit,
    for the promise of your forgiveness,
      for the experience of your grace,
I give thanks.

The sun is rising.
Your glory is shining.

You promise that goodness and mercy
    shall follow me all the day long.

For this day that is still ahead of me,

I give thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment