Saturday, February 24, 2018

For This Day, I Give Thanks, Part 2

From the rising of the sun, to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.(Psalm 113:3)




For This Day I Give Thanks 

Now I lay me down to sleep, O God. 
The sun has set, and the moon brightens the sky.
The day is done.

Thank you.

For the gift of life for another day,
  for the opportunities I had to glorify you today,
    for the beauty I encountered,
      for the people you brought into my life,
I give thanks.

For those moments when I touched someone with your love,
  for the times when your Spirit shined through in me,
I give thanks.

I didn't always do things right,
  I sinned, of course.
    And you forgave me. Of course.

Thank you.



I know that you were with me all the day long.
  I couldn't hide from you even if I tried.
    Not that I would even want to hide from you.
But you were always with me:
  to guide me,
    to comfort me,
      to use me.
For the experience of your presence,
  for the guidance of your Spirit,
    for the knowledge that you forgive my sins,
      for the experience of your grace,
I give thanks.

The sun has set.
  Your glory is still shining.

You promise that goodness and mercy
   would follow me all the day long.
      And it did.

For this day that I have lived,

I give thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment