Monday, March 12, 2018

(Another) Prayer for Monday

"Go into all the world and proclaim the good news to the whole creation." (Mark 16:15) 
"And this is [God's] commandment, that we should believe in the name of his son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he commanded us." (1 John 3:23)






(Another) Prayer for Monday

Good morning, Lord.

It's Monday again. Happens every week, so it seems.

I have to admit,
 part of me wants to stay in the weekend.
The weekend wasn't long enough -- 
  it's always over to quickly.

Part of me wants to stay in the weekend.
But my heart has other plans.

I determine to live faithfully for you.
I determine to be the very best (fill in the blank)
  that I can be, for you.

In my heart, I want to love you with my whole being,
  and love my neighbor as myself.

In my heart, I want to proclaim the good news
  through the way I live --
    through my words,
      through my actions,
        through my relationships.

You have commanded me to go into all the world
  and proclaim the good news to the whole creation.

You have commanded me to believe in the name 
    of Jesus Christ my Savior,
      and to love those whose paths intersect with mine.

I pray that the desires of my heart
  will match your desire for me.

In my heart, I commit to obey your commands.
Not out of guilt or fear,
  but because I love you.
I love you, and I want my life to honor you.

It's Monday, and while part of me wants to stay in the
      weekend,
  my heart has other plans.
I have a whole new week ahead of me.
I give it to you, Lord.
Here am I... Send me.



No comments:

Post a Comment