Thursday, March 1, 2018

Lord, I Want to Be Like My Dog

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)





Lord, I Want to Be Like My Dog

Lord, I want to be like my dog.
She loves me, totally and unconditionally.
She wags her tail with joy at hearing me call her name.
She jumps on me and gives me a dog-hug when I get home;
  she is excited to see me.
She seeks the comfort of my presence
  when there is a storm.
She sleeps in peace at the foot of my bed.
She is grateful that I feed her every day.
She loves to go on walks with me.




Lord, I want to be like my dog
  in my relationship with you.
I want to love you, totally and unconditionally.
I want to rejoice at hearing you call my name.
I want to be excited to know that you are with me.
I want to seek you in times of trouble.
I want to have peaceful rest in my soul.
I want to be grateful for your providential care.
I want to walk with you.

Lord, I want to be like my dog.



No comments:

Post a Comment