Friday, March 23, 2018

Open the Door, and Let Me In

"Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears me calling him and opens the door I will come in and fellowship with him and he with me."(Revelation 3:20, The Living Bible)





Open the Door, and Let Me In

Our Lord speaks:

Dear child, I want to dwell in your heart.
I'm not satisfied at casual greetings 
  as we pass each other along the way; 
  I want permanent residence with you.

I'm not going to barge my way into your heart;
  you will have to let me in.

I'll be honest, my presence will mean there will be changes,
  some of which you may initially resist.
You will need to do some throwing-out of some attitudes;
  you will have to learn to resist some urges.
You will learn what it is to love, truly love;
  and you will discover the joy of forgiveness.
You will experience peace, and hope;
  you will be defined by my grace.
It's all good, really.

I want to dwell in your heart.
I want to be your heart's desire, 24/7.

I'm standing at the door. 
Please, open the door.
And let me in.

What do you say?




No comments:

Post a Comment