Monday, March 5, 2018

When the Answer Is "No"


 “The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” (Job 1:21)



When the answer is "No"


I got your answer to my prayer, Lord.
And I must admit, it's not what I wanted to hear.
I was hoping for something more positive,
  a "yes," or "as you wish."

But, alas, it was not to be so.

Instead you said, "No, my child. Not this time."
I'm disappointed. I'm sad.
Help me to get over my disappointment.
Mend my broken my heart, comfort me in my sadness.



But here's the deal:
I asked you because I trust you.
I asked you because I know you know what is best for me.
You won't do anything that interferes with your plan for me --
  plans for blessing, plans for redemption.

So, even though you said "No" this time,
  I still trust you.
I know you love me,
  and you won't do anything to contradict your love for me.
I know you will turn my sadness into joy.

Thank you, God.
Even for saying, "No."


No comments:

Post a Comment