Thursday, March 8, 2018

Make Me a Bridge

We’re Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.2 Corinthians 5:19b-20, The Message


Banner at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary



Make Me a Bridge

Good and loving God,
our world is broken and divided.
We let our differences drive a wedge between us.
Race, creed, gender,
political persuasion, age, class,
nationality, sexual orientation, culture,
neighborhood, mental health, hatred...
The list is endless in the ways we isolate ourselves
from one another,
and prevent people from knowing you.

Yet in Christ you have dissolved the differences
and have embraced us as your children.
All you want is a heart willing to embrace you.

Make me a bridge, Lord.
Use me to help others cross the Great Divide
we have erected. 
Use me to "persuade men and women
to drop their differences" 
so that we may make things right with you
and with one another.

Make me a bridge, Lord.
Use me to help others experience your love,
your grace,
your mercy.

Make me a bridge, Lord,
overcoming the divisions that separate us,
and uniting with fellow sinners
seeking redemption.

You have given me -- given us --
your ministry of reconciliation.
Make me a bridge, Lord.

Make me a bridge for others to find you. And to know you.
And to love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment