Monday, March 12, 2018

I'm Listening

"This is my son, whom I love. Listen to him."Mark 9:7



I'm Listening

God, I realize that in my prayers I tend to do most of the talking. But prayer is conversation, right? That means I should also listen. In fact, you mentioned it yourself on the mount of Transfiguration: "This is my son, whom I love. Listen to him."

So today I'm just going to listen. I'm going to listen to your son (who also happens to be my Savior, and my Lord -- Jesus Christ). I'm listening, Lord.

"Come, follow me, and I will make you fish for people."
I'm listening, Lord.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit..., those who mourn..., the meek..., those who hunger and thirst for righteousness..., the merciful..., the pure in heart..., the peacemakers... Blessed are you..."
I'm listening, Lord. Thank you.

"You are the salt of the earth... You are the light of the world... Let your light shine..."
I'm listening, Lord.



"You have heard that it was said, 'Do not murder,...' But I say to you that anyone who is angry with their brother or sister will be subject to judgment."
Ouch. That one hurts. I'm (still) listening, Lord.

"If you forgive people when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive people their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
I'm listening, Lord. But that one's tough. Really tough.

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick... For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
I hear you, Lord. I'm listening.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
I'm listening, Lord.

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."
I'm listening, I hope.

"I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
I'm listening, Lord. 

"I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Yes, I do, Lord. I'm listening.

"I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never thirst."
Feed me, Lord. I'm listening.

"A new command I give to you, that you love one another. As I have loved you, so you should love one another."
I'm listening, Lord.



"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
I'm listening, Lord. With a broken heart.

"Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."
I'm listening, Lord.

"Feed my lambs... Take care of my sheep... Feed my sheep."
I will, Lord, with your help. I'm listening.

Keep speaking, Lord.
Give me ears to hear.
I'm listening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment