Friday, March 20, 2020

I Love You, Lord

I love you, Lord, my strength.
(Psalm 18:1)



"I love you, Lord."
I speak those words from my heart, O God.
When I awaken, and when I sleep,
and every hour in between,
I love you.

I love you, Lord,
because you have first loved me.
You have loved me faithfully,
  and unconditionally,
  and lavishly,
  and graciously,
  and eternally.

You, Lord – 
  who have given me life, abundant life;
  who have walked with me through trials;
  who have delivered me from trouble;
  who have blessed me with family;
  who have provided for me;
  who have been with me always – 
you, Lord, I love.

I love you, Lord,
because you have first loved me.

You gave your Son
to me
and to the whole world.
In him you have given me
eternal life.

I love you, Lord,
and to you I give my life.

"Take my life, and let it be 
consecrated, Lord, to thee."

Take me, use me, I pray.
Make me an instrument of your
  healing,
    grace,
      mercy,
        justice,
          steadfast love,
        compassion,
      comfort,
    hope,
  peace.

I love you, Lord, my strength.
Amen.




During the season of Lent, I am "Praying with David," using prayer from the psalms as inspiration for personal prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment